HIGH POINT — Furniture Today has launched a new employee engagement and store recognition program aimed at helping furniture retailers strengthen their ability to recruit, train and retain the best employees and to stand out as a best place to work in their communities.
The Furniture Today’s Best Places to Work program, conducted by Best Companies Group, was developed with the recognition that attracting and retaining good employees has become an increasing challenge for furniture retailers. To address that challenge, this new initiative provides furniture retail stores with the opportunity to gain insight into their workforce and to benchmark themselves against other furniture stores.
Participation in the program is free. A comprehensive report that includes aggregated findings and benchmarks as well as detailed information on the participant’s company is available for a separate fee. Registration, eligibility and copies of the survey forms used to compile the data can be found at www.BestPlacesToWorkFurniture.com.
“If you are not doing an employee engagement survey in your organization then you’re probably among the minority today,” said Peter Burke, president of Best Companies Group. “That’s become one of the big pillars of how businesses operate now.” (Listen to the On the Record podcast with Peter Burke)
Best Companies Group is an employee engagement survey company owned by BridgeTower Media, parent company of Furniture Today.
Those furniture stores that qualify as one of Furniture Today’s Best Places to Work will be featured in a special issue of Furniture Today that will include key insights from the aggregated surveys and will have the ability to promote that recognition within their stores, their communities and their marketing communications, strengthening their ability to attract top talent.
“The evidence from all the other programs that we run around the world is that people are going to want to know who’s on that list,” said Burke. “And those companies that are named to the list are going to find that their brand as an employer is going to be stronger, and they’re going to have higher retention levels with their current staff.”
Registration is currently underway and will continue until June 2021.
In addition, participating organizations will have several opportunities throughout the process to purchase their “Best Companies Group Employee Feedback Report,” which provides participating stores with a wide range of information that can help strengthen their human resources operations.
The report includes:
- A complete spreadsheet detailing the results of the Employee Engagement & Satisfaction Survey.
- A transcript of all written employee comments from the open ended questions.
- Industry Benchmark Reports that will enable participating companies to compare their results to the winner’s and non-winner’s averages.
- Guided reading and interpretation of the report from one of Best Companies Group’s Survey Specialists.
- This world-class survey will help provide deeper insight and strengthen your company’s human resource efforts in eight core focus areas: leadership and planning, culture and communications, role satisfaction, working environment, relationship with supervisor, training, development & resources, pay and benefits, and overall engagement.
“We recognize that attracting employees in today’s business environment can be a major challenge for furniture stores,” said Bill McLoughlin, editor in chief of Furniture Today. “Our goal with this new program is to arm retailers with a powerful recruiting tool in their communities and to help them retain and engage their best and brightest talent.”